The traditional gift for your first year wedding anniversary is paper.
Last year, my dear husband got me a
print by one of my favorite artists,
Kurt Halsey.

This year he got me a tree! The second wedding anniversary gift is supposed to be cotton, but he switched year 2 for year 5 which is wood. Cotton will come year 5.

Meet Maggie....my Magnolia tree. I've been a little obssessed with these trees since the spring time. I would see them in various yards around town. What caught my eye was the big, beautiful, white flowers blooming. Sure I've seen the movie Steel Magnolias, but never really knew what a Magnolia tree looked like.
I would even go as a far as saying, "Look! It's the tree of my dreams!" everytime we drove by a yard that had one. (Yep, I was that obsessed.)

My husband made yet another of my dreams come true... a Magnolia tree of my very own. I am a lucky girl.
Heart,
2 comments:
Wow Amanda! Your husband is SO sweet and thoughtful!!! What a precious gift to give. :)
aww (= how sweet! i love magnolia trees, too -- my family has 2 of them in the front yard, and i have some great memories of climbing around in them.
Post a Comment