My decorating style is definitely not for everyone. By the time I am through decorating our nest it will be the most colorful house in all of this neutral HOA ruled community. I used to think my decorating style was more modern and contemporary, but decorating my home with things I love has told me differently. In the end, I want our nest to feel lived in, cozy, and fun.I want to keep our home unique and inspired to reflect who we are becoming as a family.
Anybody who went to our wedding will know this. (The above is a picture of our wedding cake.)
Decorating Favorites: Color, Pattern, Texture, Vintage Finds
Neutral Backdrop: Gray (or grey, however it is spelt) is my go to neutral. While some people may think of gray as a very sterile color, I think it is quite cozy, like a favorite sweater. It also looks great paired with yellow, pink, and teal (all of my favorite colors). By painting the walls in our home gray, I am able to add bits of pretty color here and there.

Furniture: I want the style of our home to feel as if it was assembled over time. I don't want anything that looks like it all came from the same place. This is why I will never walk into a furniture store and buy a matching living room or bedroom set and be done with it (no offense to anybody that does, that is just not my style).
So there you have it, a little peek into the inner workings of my mind.
Decorating Favorites: Color, Pattern, Texture, Vintage Finds
Neutral Backdrop: Gray (or grey, however it is spelt) is my go to neutral. While some people may think of gray as a very sterile color, I think it is quite cozy, like a favorite sweater. It also looks great paired with yellow, pink, and teal (all of my favorite colors). By painting the walls in our home gray, I am able to add bits of pretty color here and there.
Furniture: I want the style of our home to feel as if it was assembled over time. I don't want anything that looks like it all came from the same place. This is why I will never walk into a furniture store and buy a matching living room or bedroom set and be done with it (no offense to anybody that does, that is just not my style).
IKEA, Home Goods, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Anthropologie,
Urban Outfitters, Target,
Antique Shops, Etsy, Ebay
So there you have it, a little peek into the inner workings of my mind.
Heart,




3 comments:
Mamanda, I love your home. It is the perfect representation of your lovely spirit. Let's go to IKEA sometime this summer. For reals.
Dang you know I can't find those alphabet glass balls that I bought anywhere! How many months ago was that?! LOL
Jenny- Thank you friend. And yes we MUST make a trip to IKEA this summer. It has been far too long friend!
Post a Comment