Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spearow's Nest, A History

Jason and I closed on our very first home November 20,2008. The whole process of us finding this house was not a long one. We already knew the area of town we wanted to live in and kind of what we were looking for. Of course I had visions in my head of what I wanted. My dream house consists of a wraparound porch with a swing, red front door, and red shutters with window boxes on a huge piece of land. But alas, my reality is the suburbs which I am totally fine with for now. So when we went house shopping, I had in mind a couple of things I was looking for. I definately wanted a porch so I could hang a swing and, of course, the usual wood floors, granite countertops, and stainless steel appliances. Well wouldn't you know the house we chose had none of these things (except for the porch and shutters) and we fell in love with it anyway! (Pictures from previous owner)
Why is that you ask. Well it was the only one we looked at that had
any sort of character. (Pictures from the previous owner)
I loved all the arches, tall ceilings, and open floor plan. I knew that once we moved in we could add the personality and comfort to make the house our home. I just love the idea of doing before and after shots!
(Pictures from the previous owner)
The paint colors and decor would have to be changed. But that is part of what makes buying a new home so exciting, getting to make it your very own!
This is the famous game room that sold Jason on the house. His one stipulation, the game room had to be big enough for a pool table and this room was the winner. Note: the TV is not ours and neither are those carpet risers. They got removed before we moved in.

The closet in the master bedroom. This was another plus for me! :)

Here are some shots we took during the inspection. The arches are what really sold me on this house. Sure it is your typical builder basic suburban house but I loved that it had a porch and shutters. So what if it doesn't have a red door, that can easily be fixed with paint. I have big plans to paint our door and shutters red and add some window boxes to the upstairs windows. That whole project will be for another time, perhaps when the weather gets cooler and I can climb out onto the roof to paint the shutters. You can bet it will all be documented here on our little blog!
So all in all we spent one Saturday looking at about 8 houses and put our offer on our soon to be nest the very next week. So there you have it, a brief history on our little nest. We have been hard at work since the day we moved in turning our house into a lovely home. Stayed tuned for more posts related to the transformation our nest has undergone since we moved in! It's exciting stuff! (For me it is anyways. haha)
The Nest Stats:
Closing Date: November 20,2008
Move in Date: November 22, 2008
Bedrooms:4
Baths: 2 Full, 1 Half Bath
Garage: 2 car attached
Stories: 2
Year Built: 2003
Square Footage: 2940

No comments: